Image Credit: Flickr
In progressive iGaming markets such as Ireland and the UK, it has become increasingly difficult for operators to compete for a viable share of custom. However, many have sought to compete by offering increasingly diverse and generous welcome offers, which typically take the form of 100% deposit matches up to a fixed value.
Such bonus offers may also offer a fixed number of free spins to new players, adding another layer of excitement and targeting the single most popular and aesthetically pleasing iGaming vertical in 2021.
You can learn more about no deposit free spins bonuses at Bet in Ireland, but what are the key elements of this type of promotion and what are the key considerations for players?
What is a Free Spins Bonus?
As the name suggests, free spins bonuses enable you to access complimentary gameplay on one or a select number of different slots.
Each bonus will offer a finite number of spins at a fixed value, which may be awarded all at once or over a period of successive days.
When deploying a free spins bonus, you can essentially wager on a popular slot without risking your hard-earned cash, creating a scenario where you can win money for your bonus balance without incurring real money losses.
The amount of free spins on offer will vary wildly from one online casino to another too, anywhere from 10 to 100 on average and depending on the overall size of the bonus.
The Different Type of Free Spins Bonuses
There are two main types of free spins bonuses, and we’ve outlined these in brief detail below:
- Free Spin Deposit Bonuses: The most common type of free spins bonus, this will see the requisite number of spins added to your account after you’ve made an initial deposit as a new player. To earn these spins, you’ll have to meet a minimum deposit threshold (usually £10) and credit your account using a verified payment method, while in some instances you may also have to wager some of this capital before triggering the bonus. Just be sure to review the T&Cs associated with each free spins bonuses before making a financial commitment.
- No Deposit Free Spins Bonuses: No deposit free spins bonuses are genuinely popular but much rarer, primarily because of the cost to sportsbooks. This type of bonus is awarded to the account of new players once the registration process is complete, and without them having to make an initial deposit. The flipside here is that the value of these bonuses is significantly lower than those contingent on a first deposit transaction, while they may also be further restricted in terms of duration, viable payment methods and wagering requirements.
You’ll find various iterations of these offers online, and it’s important to compare each one in detail if you’re to make an informed decision!
Comparing Free Spins Bonuses – The Key Considerations
At this stage, all that’s really left is to appraise the key considerations when comparing free spins bonuses on the real-time marketplace.
By keeping these in mind, you can hopefully avoid the potential pitfalls of such bonuses and earn some risk-free spins on your favourite slots.
- Check Out the Range of Viable Slots for Each Bonus: As we’ve already touched on, your free spins will typically be made available across one or a select group of popular slots. For example, most operators will offer a finite number of free spins on medium-variance slots such as Play ‘n Go’s Book of Dead, each of which will have a fixed and immutable value. It’s important to review this when comparing offers, so that you can identify bonuses that enable you to play your favourite games where possible.
- Are There Any Wagering Requirements?: This is another important consideration, as wagering requirements are often applied to this type of bonus (especially those contingent on an initial deposit being made). These will dictate how much money you’ll have to play through before making a withdrawal, and are usually calculated by applying a multiple to your free spins winnings. This will typically be a low amount, but you’ll need to factor it in while considering the overall value of the offer.
- Are There Time Limits When Playing Through Your Free Spins?: When a bonus features a larger number of free spins, these may be awarded over several 24-hour periods. In this instance, however, each batch of free spins may only be available during the day on which they’re credited to your account, so you’ll need to play through them quickly or risk losing them and forfeiting the bonus offer.